The cedar used in Alton's products has an inherent resistance to rot. If the cedar is not regularly retreated the colour will fade to a natural silvery-grey. This clear Treatment is formulated for Alton greenhouses with an added uV proctector to help keep the natural cedar colours for a little longer. Keeping the cedar treated also helps to reduce the brown staining that can occur as taninis are leached from the wood as it wets and drys out.
- Spirit based for deeper penetration.
- Harmless to pets and plants when dry
- Includes water repellant resins
- For best results apply 2-3 coats
- Apply with brush, roller or solvent compatible low pressure sprayer (in calm conditions)
How much is required?
Coverage depends on many different factors including moisture content and cleanliness of the timber, but a rough guide to help you (based upon 2 coats) is given below.
1 litre treats 6 square metres of wood.
All models up to 20' long = 2.5 litres
Octagonal's models = 5 litres