N.b. This greenhouse comes with Cedar bar cover capping as Standard. Aluminium cover capping in the moss colour is an optional upgrade. Gutters, base, and other aluminium components come in moss powder coated aluminium as standard.
The clever design of these new Alton Evolution models has created a cedar greenhouse that is ideal for modern needs, and by using innovative and strong jointing technology, the Evolution models are delivered flat packed in a self-assembly format. This removes a large amount of cost from the double handling and storage of large unwieldy glazed panels used on other models, and put simply this allows us to put more wood into the greenhouse.
The result is an extremely strong, high quality cedar greenhouse, designed to be maintenance free- even with the standard cedar bar capping. If you upgrade to the moss coloured aluminium bar capping system you will combine all the benefits of cedar and all the advantages of Aluminium in one hybrid greenhouse.
The best type of wood - and more of it!
The frame is made from Canadian Western Red Cedar, which is extremely high in natural preservative oils which, even without further artificial treatment, make it virtually immune from decay. Cedar also has a unique subtle aroma which can deter pests. The frame is based on mostly planed 2x2 (44x44mm) and 3x2 (69x44mm)
We factory treat your Alton Evolution greenhouse in a clear treatment - thus not masking the natural colour variation of the cedar wood. In time, your greenhouse will mellow into a silvery colour which is so distinctive to cedar. The Moss colour of the metal components is designed to blend in perfectly with this mature silvery colour.
- A metal base keeps the wood well away from the damp area on the floor
- Louvres and Automatic roof vents are standard.
- High Eaves - often overlooked by greenhouse buyers, but it is important to consider. High eaves means the greenhouse feels a lot bigger, and it is far more comfortable for you to work in.
- The guttering and downpipes are included as standard.
- Glass overlaps at eaves, protecting a vulnerable area of your greenhouse from rot.
- A: Base Width 2617 mm (8ft7)
- B: Length 3236 mm (10ft7)
- C: Eaves Height 1700 mm (5ft6)
- D: Ridge Height 2390 mm (7ft10)
- E: Door Width 1190 mm (3ft10)
- F: Door Height 1890 mm (6ft2)
- Western Red Cedar
- Extremely strong frame
- Toughened glass
- Sliding door
- Free 10 Year Guarantee
- 3 x roof vents (automatic opening)
- 2 x Louvre vents
- Downpipes both sides
- Low level threshold
- Screw in cedar bar capping system
- Installation available for a fee